Who is your greatest encourager here on earth? As I think about this question I would have to say that those who pray for me are my greatest encouragers here on earth!
What brings you the most encouragement?
When I see people come to know Jesus as their Savior. Also, when I have been helping someone and I see some evidence of growth in their life.
How does God encourage us?
I would like to suggest that He is...
- our Refuge (Psalm 61:2-4)
- our Strong Tower (Psalm 61:2-4)
- our Sheltering Wings (Psalm 61:2-4)
- our Rest (Psalm 61:1-2)
- our Rock (Psalm 62:1-2; 5-8)
- our Salvation (Psalm 62:1-2; 5-8)
- our Fortress (Psalm 62:1-2; 5-8)
- our Hope (Psalm 62:5-8)
- our Redeemer (Isaiah 43:1b)
What can we do to encourage others?
- Pray for them
- Share Scripture verses of encouragement especially from the Psalms
- Write notes, cards and emails of encouragement
- Keep consistent contact
- Give of our time and resources to others in need
- Walk alongside them no matter what they are facing
- Extend hospitality
Challenge: Remember God's encouragement to you and be an encourager to someone in your life today!