"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ." (Eph. 1:3)
Often we are urged to count our blessings and what come to mind are things like relationships, health and the basic needs of life. But if you read further in Ephesians 1 you will find blessings listed that far surpass anything of this world.
God’s blessings for His children are listed below:
- We are chosen by Him before the creation of the world.
- He sees us as holy and blameless.
- We are adopted as His sons and daughters through Jesus.
- He extends His glorious grace to us through His Son.
- We have been redeemed through Jesus’ blood.
- He forgives our sins past, present and future.
- We have access to His wisdom and knowledge.
- He marked us with the seal of the Holy Spirit guaranteeing our inheritance in heaven.
As we come to the season of Easter celebrations, let us remember to thank our Heavenly Father for all of the spiritual blessings that we have in Jesus. May you count all of your blessings in the days to come!