MINDS RENEWED RESOURCES
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-784-2433
Click below to open PDF files of our resources. Contact us if you would like further assistance in this area of ministry.
To order the Minds Renewed Manual click here. Materials are free of charge. A donation to the Ministry Department, "Minds Renewed," would be greatly appreciated.
Ask your pastor for referrals in your area OR, to find Christian counselors and other helps listed by region/state go to American Association of Christian Counselors: www.aacc.net
Recommended Websites: Please note that the resources listed may or may not have the same Biblical value system as H*VMI/Minds Renewed.
Celebrate Recovery: www.celebraterecovery.com
Information, Support, Education about Schizophrenia: www.schizophrenia.com/ami
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): www.nami.org
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): www.nimh.nih.gov
National Mental Health Association (NMHA): www.nmha.org
National 1-800 Crisis Hotlines: www.allaboutcounseling.com/crisis_hotlines.htm
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance: www.dbsalliance.org
Amy Simpson Resources: www.amysimpsononline.com
Beyond Boundaries: Learning to Trust Again in Relationships by Dr. John Townsend and Dr. Henry Cloud.
Resurrecting the Person: Friendship and the Care of People with Mental Health Problems by John Swinton.
I Am Not Sick, I Don't Need Help! How to Help Someone with Mental Illness Accept Treatment by Xavier Amador.
Changes That Heal by Dr. Henry Cloud.
The following books are by Dr. Kay Jamison, a clinical psychologist who is one of the foremost experts on bipolar disorder. She has suffered from the disorder since early adulthood.
- The Unquiet Mind (A memoir of her life's journey with bipolar illness.)
- Touched With Fire: Manic-Depressive Illness and the Artist Temperament
- Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicide
- Exuberance: The Passion for Life
- Nothing Was the Same (A memoir of her loving second marriage and her grief after her husband’s death.)
The following books are by Amy Simpson. Amy is dedicated to helping others turn trials into resources. Growing up in a family affected by serious mental illness, living with Tourette’s syndrome, and navigating the transition from executive to entrepreneur, Amy has developed strong convictions that each person’s life has purpose and that points of crisis are opportunities for transformation.
- Troubled Minds: Mental Illness and the Church’s Mission. In Troubled Minds, Amy Simpson, whose family knows the trauma and bewilderment of mental illness, reminds us that people with mental illness are our neighbors and our brothers and sisters in Christ. She shows us the path to loving them well and becoming a church that loves God with whole hearts and whole souls, with the strength we have and with minds that are whole as well as minds that are troubled.
- Anxious: Choosing Faith in a World of Worry. Challenging the idolatrous underpinnings of worry, former Christianity Today Executive, Amy Simpson, encourages us to root our faith in who God is, not in our own willpower. We don’t often give much thought to why worry offends God; but indulging anxiety binds us to mere possibilities and blinds us to the truth. Correctly understanding the theology of worry is critical to true transformation. This is a book not just for people who worry. This is a call to the church to turn its eyes from the things of earth and fix its eyes on the Author and Completer of our faith.